Civil Rights Project Sisak is a non-governmental organization that provides free legal aid in accordance with the Free Legal Aid Act (Official Gazette 143/13 98/19). The Civil Rights Project Sisak provides primary legal assistance. Secondary legal aid is provided by attorney at law. You can get primary legal aid by contacting associations and law clinics of the Faculties of Law of the Universities of Zagreb, Osijek, Rijeka and Split, and secondary legal aid by applying for free legal aid to the Administrative Department in your county.
BENEFICIARIES OF LEGAL AID ARE:
- Croatian citizens
- a child who does not have Croatian citizenship and was found in the Republic of Croatia unaccompanied by an adult responsible under the law
- foreigners on temporary residence subject to reciprocity and foreigners on permanent residence
- foreigners under temporary protection
- foreigners residing illegally and aliens on short-term stays in the process of issuing a decision on expulsion or a decision on return
- asylum seekers, asylum seekers and foreigners under subsidiary protection and members of their families legally residing in the Republic of Croatia, in proceedings in which legal aid is not provided to them by a special law.
Primary legal aid relates to:
Secondary legal aid relates to:
Extraordinary legal aid is provided in cases of protection of human rights and freedom in cases before the Constitutional Court; protection of the right to trial within a reasonable time cases; cases of protection of human rights and fundamental freedoms before the European Court of Human Rights.