Civil Rights Project Sisak is a non-governmental organization that provides free legal aid in accordance with the Free Legal Aid Act (Official Gazette 143/13 98/19). The Civil Rights Project Sisak provides primary legal assistance. Secondary legal aid is provided by attorney at law. You can get primary legal aid by contacting associations and law clinics of the Faculties of Law of the Universities of Zagreb, Osijek, Rijeka and Split, and secondary legal aid by applying for free legal aid to the Administrative Department in your county.
BENEFICIARIES OF LEGAL AID ARE:
- Croatian citizens
- a child who does not have Croatian citizenship and was found in the Republic of Croatia unaccompanied by an adult responsible under the law
- foreigners on temporary residence subject to reciprocity and foreigners on permanent residence
- foreigners under temporary protection
- foreigners residing illegally and aliens on short-term stays in the process of issuing a decision on expulsion or a decision on return
- asylum seekers, asylum seekers and foreigners under subsidiary protection and members of their families legally residing in the Republic of Croatia, in proceedings in which legal aid is not provided to them by a special law.
Primary legal aid relates to:
- STATUS RIGHTS – right to temporary and permanent residence, naturalization and other ways of gaining right to Croatian citizenship, registry evidence and related documents, different certificates
- RIGHTS IN RELATION TO PENSION INSURANCE – pension, disabled persons’ pension, right to compensation in relation to bodily injury, payment of due and unpaid amounts of pension, convalidation of working years
- HEALTH INSURANCE RIGHTS– right to basic health insurance, health insurance of foreigners with regulated status in Croatia
- SOCIAL WELFARE RIGHTS – money claims rights, children allowance, personal disability allowance, one-off payments, welfare, allowance for care and assistance
- HOUSING CARE – right to housing care inside and outside of the Areas of Special State Concern, Croatian veterans rights to housing care
- PROTECTION OF WORKERS’ RIGHTS
- OTHER ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEEDINGS
Secondary legal aid relates to:
- REAL ESTATE LAW – ownership rights, requests for issuance of ownership and cadastral certificates, tenancy rights
- LABOUR RELATED RIGHTS – salary rights, layoff related rights, maternity leave related rights, job termination related rights
- FAMILY LAW RELATED RIGHTS – rights related to marital and extramarital relationships, parents and children rights, guardians and wards rights
- EXECUTION PROCEEDINGS
- MEDIATION AND CONFLICT RESOLUTION PROCESSES
- OTHER COURT PROCEEDINGS
Extraordinary legal aid is provided in cases of protection of human rights and freedom in cases before the Constitutional Court; protection of the right to trial within a reasonable time cases; cases of protection of human rights and fundamental freedoms before the European Court of Human Rights.